Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Traditions, The Nutcracker & Cookies

I love traditions. If there's something you love to do and it only comes around once a year, why not make it happen every.single.year... for the rest of your life? My aunt Kathy used to take me to see the Nutcracker Ballet when I was young and I loved it. It was one of those things that sparked your Christmas spirit. It made the season exciting and beautiful. So, for both selfish and non-selfish reasons this will hopefully be a tradition for Norah and Clark as well. 

Grandma Renee, Jodi, Steph, Ella, Norah, Clark and I all made our way to see the Nutcracker this morning. It was beautiful and the kids had such a fun time. Ella and Norah just happened to be dressed up in almost the exact same dress. There is nothing little girls like more than to be alike :) They looked so cute and were so very well behaved! After all, it is a 2 hour production and we only had so many snacks and lollipops in our purses. 

Just the week before, I had taken Norah to watch a ballet class to see if she was really interested in signing up. She sat on my lap the entire class with a very intense look and a bit of a frown on her face, refusing the sporatic requests from the instructor to join in anytime if she wishes - it's a very laid back class :). I asked her a couple of times what she thought and if she liked it or was interested in being a part of the class. She would reply with an excited "Yes! I really love it Mom!" but then would return to her slump and frown. I asked why she didn't look excited and she said it was because Daddy wasn't there. I think it was because she was dressed differently than all the other girls and wanted to join them, but didn't want to stick out like a sore thumb!

Anyway, this morning at the Nutcracker Steph told me that she'd asked Norah what she thought of the ballet and Norah replied with something like "I may not look like I enjoy it, but I really do!". That's my little poker faced girl!




After the Ballet we all went to Snuffy's Malt Shop for lunch where the kids got to share the giant strawberry malt and the Moms shared the giant chocoffelatte malt :) mmmmm...

Because all of the lollipops & snacks we continuously fed the kids to keep them so well behaved at the ballet weren't enough for me, we then went home to make gingerbread boys & girls!  



DSC_5620edit

DSC_5652edit

DSC_5595edit

DSC_5605edit

DSC_5611edit

DSC_5615edit

Love ~ Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment