Monday, August 5, 2013

Five


Your rolls and chins have vanished
and your legs are much too long
The days of closing shoes 
around your chunky feet have gone

No more stick straight ponytails 
reaching for the sky 
The teething rings and paci days 
have sadly all gone by

The days of mispronouncing things
are few and far between
I treasure every funny word  
you've ever said to me

Now you talk like you're 15
and your friends look up to you
You're logical beyond your years 
in almost everything you do

You're my baby girl 
no matter how grown up you'll be
I can hear it in your belly laugh 
and see it while you sleep

Just last night I saw it 
on your pillow squished up just so
Your face as if it never changed 
from oh so long ago


Norah is 5!


and some of my favorites from long ago...

DSC_0862_SEedits

DSC_0407_SEedits

DSC_3087

NorahParkTunnelSmile

DSC_0635_edited

Love ~ Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment