Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day is the day when you get all of your thanks for this so-called thankless job. It is the day when you get a little break from the every day "have to dos" and fill it in with fun instead. It is the day when you reflect on what your mother has done for you, and maybe even what it was like for your Grandmother when her kids were young.

While I usually take my thanks daily in the form of snuggles, kisses and drawings of our family standing under a rainbow (that I will save forever), it is nice to have a day weekend where your husband demonstrates his appreciation too :) This Mother's Day Colin corralled, calmed, bathed, fed, and played bathroom trip attendant to our children all weekend! This is by far better than any gift they could have purchased. Even if it was from Anthropologie.

In other words, I've got a lot to live up to for Father's Day.

While I was downloading a bunch of silly pictures of my Aunts & Uncles from our get-together today I found these still on my memory card - I feel like I found 20 bucks in an old coat pocket! A few weeks ago we visited the train museum and took a ride on a real live train...

Happy Mother's Day!


DSC_6512edit

DSC_6509edit

Love ~ Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment