Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Caught up in the whirlwind

... of preparing for one more.

... of being overjoyed with the vision of a family of four, what a wonderful big sister Norah will be and how happy a little brother or sister will make her.

... of being terrified at the thought of losing that special something I have with her now. She is my one and only. My favorite.  

... of wondering how I will be able to juggle two little ones at once.


Roll all of this up along with hectic work days and nights consisting solely of dinner and bedtime routine with a dash of late nights spent working instead of sleeping. Weekends filled to the brim with as much fun as we can fit in with a touch of household chores. Oh, and our lame attempt at trying to prepare for this upcoming birth. Roll all of this up and you've got yourself a whirlwind! 

It's wonderful though, and I am so grateful for it. Deep down I know that once this baby arrives my fears will vanish into hormonal fits of nonsense. I know this because before I had Norah I had the same fears. Fears of losing the dynamic Colin and I had; it just being the two of us for so long. That wasn't ever even a thought after she arrived though, and on the way home from the hospital I was sobbing in the backseat because "she's going to grow up, and she'll never be this little again!!!" Which I knew was ridiculous as I was saying it... but I couldn't help it. Actually, it still makes me a little sad ;) 

So in these last few weeks before the big day is here, I want to take our one Mommy-Daughter day we have each week and just revel in our time together. Instead of filling our day with grocery shopping, laundry and a trip to the park down the block, we will fill it with trips to fun places, lunches of "mac cheese" with chocolate milk and cozy naps in the sun-filled car as we take our journey as to not waste a single precious minute!

So here's to whirlwinds... may they keep on whirling!

Our last adventure was the Children's Museum. We played there for hours and then had a lunch of what else but mac cheese & chocolate milk at the Great Waters Brewery Co. After we got home that evening Norah took my face in both of her hands, tilted her head with raised eyebrows and said "Mom! Yet's go back to de fun place on Sunnnnnday.... OK? Would dat be fair? Dat probly be fair." Who could resist her charm?  :) 


Norah Cleaning. She would rather wipe the chalkboard clean than draw on it any day!




She waited oh so patiently for one of the kids to leave 
a grocery cart open and then she dove in and grabbed it... 5 min later another 
little girl wanted to play with it and she was so sweet to give it up to her!

Deciding what to make :)

Pancakes it is!

There she goes cleaning again!

...and again!


She loved the hand dryers. 
Every time she saw one she had to dry her hands for a few minutes (literally).

Chocolate Milk!

Checking to see if her mac cheese was coming

It was soooo good she had to use a fork AND a spoon to eat it it all :)

Love ~ Renee

1 comment:

  1. Renee, you write very sweetly and it makes a person tear up a bit! You two are both very precious to Colin and all of us. Thank you for sharing your wonderful day with great pictures and words. It's kind of like being there.

    ReplyDelete