Monday, August 16, 2010

Words to Live By

What happens to you is not as important
as how you react to what happens.  

- Thaddeus Golas

I adore this quote. Because it is absolutely true. Because besides love, hope and dreams, life is made up of reactions. If only I could bottle the inspiration this short string of words brings me so I could carry it along for when I needed it... for when the stress of our hectic life come to a rise and yet one more thing has been added atop it all. I could open up my bottle, breathe in my inspiration and maybe react a little differently.

Don't get me wrong... I am loving this little life I have. I feel lucky. Lucky that out of all of the places in this universe I ended up here, with people that fill my soul with such love and happiness. Which is precisely why I'd rather not have those other things that don't really matter sprinkle haste reactions here and there. What does it really matter if Norah goes to bed late 3 nights in a row? Will anyone really notice if I am a few minutes late to work once in a while? What good does it do to worry about how tired I might be the next day, or about what might happen in the future?

As Colin would tell you, I've been a little uptight lately, and he's right. This is my latest struggle. I have a hunch that a cocktail of pregnancy hormones, a 2 year old toddler and a stressful work environment may have something to do with my frantic nerves lately. It's funny how a few words can put everything into perspective, and they couldn't have come at a more perfect time. I've only got 3 short months until bambino #2 arrives, and I've got to be relaxed by then! 

In slightly related news, Colin just accepted a new job! A job closer to home with regular hours... my dream come true :)

Next up: The Birthday Party!!!  Until then, check out THIS reaction... she came out the other end crying! Poor thing really hates water on her face!



Love ~ Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment